The Company: The Mike Burton Group Limited
Area of Work: Lions Rugby Travel
Title: Sales Consultant – British & Irish Lions Tours x2
Contract Type: Fixed Term (37½ hours per week)
Contract End Date: 01 October 2021
Salary: £17,000 PA plus uncapped commission (circa. £24,000 - £26,000 OTE)
Department: Travel Sales
Responsible to: Travel Sales Manager
Location: UK Head Office (Gloucester)
We are looking for ambitious and focused individuals who are great at creating and building lasting relationships to sell our travel packages to the forthcoming British & Irish Lions Tour to South Africa in 2021.
The Sales Consultant role would suit a person who truly values the customer experience and is prepared to go above and beyond expectations to create the perfect holiday and weekend break.
In a fast-paced office environment, you will be just as comfortable booking a client’s trip as you will be at an exclusive client event. Confident and passionate, you will have great numeracy skills, be able to manage your own sales pipeline and enquiries, as well as working in a team.
Lions Rugby Travel (www.lionsrugbytravel.com)
Lions Rugby Travel is a joint venture business between British & Irish Lions DAC and The Mike Burton Group and is the Lions’ own travel company. Lions Rugby Travel managed the Official Travel Programme for the British & Irish Lions Tour to Australia in 2013, New
Zealand 2017 and will do for South Africa 2021.
Purpose of Work:
This role requires outbound calling activity to the database at various points in the sales cycle, managing incoming calls to convert them quickly and efficiently, and to offer the knowledge and ability to guide and support customers booking via the Mike Burton Group Websites.
This role is suited to individuals who have an outgoing personality, enjoy offering a personalised service and pride themselves on building strong relationships. Not only will you be computer literate, rising to a challenge will be second nature. You will be engaging and a fantastic communicator on all levels.
• Making outbound calls to the database to raise interest and awareness in the travel packages and to convert these sales
• Answering and responding to all incoming enquiries and offer advice and support to clients
• Supporting online bookings via the website, where required
• Maintaining and driving a high level of proactive sales activity to maximise sales opportunity to achieve personal and team sales targets
• Following up on all incomplete bookings with clients with a view to making it a sale
• Following up on all pipeline enquiries in the CRM system to offer advice and support on booking
• Attending sales events when required to generate new sales leads
Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
• Ensuring that the CRM database is kept up to date with all current customer details
• Working with the Sales Manager to assess all pipeline enquiries and how to convert them
Skills and Experience:
• An excellent negotiator with a desire to sell and achieve sales targets
• Up for a new challenge and has enthusiasm and willingness to succeed
• Excellent telephone manner, organised and reliable with excellent attention to detail
• Exceptional communication and customer service skills
• Strong written and numerical skills are a must
• Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
Please send your CV and current salary, along with a covering letter describing what strengths you have as an individual that could be applied to this role and the team to email@example.com by no later than close of business on Monday 09 March 2020. The subject of the email should include the ‘job title’ and your ‘full name’.